||University Eye Hospital Tuebingen, Germany
|Postal Address Coordinator
||Prof. U. Schiefer
||EC: FP5 Marie Curie Training Site
||visual system; retinal electrophysiology; melanin pigmentation; psychophysics; colour vision; molecular
genetics; subretinal visual prosthesis; training.
||The mission of the proposed Marie Curie Training Site "PREVENTION OF BLINDNESS: The Structure and Function of the Visual System" at the University Eye Hospital Tuebingen is, to apply with a truly multidisciplinary approach to improve the understanding of the normal and pathological visual system. In order to achieve this goal, nine different research groups are interacting in the fields of:
The application of cutting edge interdisciplinary technologies to fundamental visual questions is the driving force behind this proposal. For mutual understanding of the goals and accomplishments in each discipline, a strong interaction between clinicians, engineers, IT-specialists, pharmacologists and biologists is imperative. Our training site will allow this goal to be achieved and at the same time provide the opportunity of high impact interactions between the groups in which the fellows will be integrated.
- computer-assisted automated kinetic perimetry;
- pupil campimetry;
- psychophysical and electrophysiological study of the retina;
- retinal pigment epithelium grafting;
- release systems for intraocular drugs;
- roles of melanin pigmentation;
- function of colour vision;
- subretinal visual prosthesis and
- testing of photoreceptor-specific function.
- Prof. U. Schiefer; Prof. U. Schaermayer; Dr. P. Szurman; Dr. H. Jägle; Prof. H. Wilhelm (University Eye Hospital Tuebingen, Germany)